MACA – Medicinal Herb
Maca is a small nutritive vegetable found in the Peruvian region. Its medicinal name is Lepidiummeyenii. It considered as vegetable and related to Broccoli, Cauliflower and cabbage family as the most edible part of the plan is roots. It grows on very high altitude and in very hard conditions in the Andes of Central Peru. It is been well-known for its outstanding medicinal properties.
Shades of Maca and importance:
- Yellow – Protect against UV Radiation.
- Red – Good for Bone Strength.
- Black – Holds good for bone strength, enhancement of memory and sexual health of men.
There are list of benefits for MACA few are listed below:
- Energy Enhancement –This is the best source for energy enhancement. In olden times soldiers use to take maca root to enhance their energy and strength. Thus it good hold good for workout purpose.
- Adrenal Nourishment –Maca root also works as an herbal adaptogen. That directly proportional to the hormonal imbalance in the Body. This helps women to balance the hormonal effects during PMS and Menopause and helps body to fight against stress caused because of hormonal imbalance.
- Balance in Menopause and Peri-Menopause –MACA actually increases the level of estrogen if it is very low. It is linked with the hormone increase quality including progesterone and luteinizing hormone these hormones actually boosts the activity of Ovary. It suppresses production of stress hormone and cortisol thus helps in reducing stress, depression, insomnia, anxiety, and nervousness and improve concentration.
- PMS relief – It reliefs from the tide and ebb of the estrogen level during the complete menstrual cycle. As it is natural adaptogen it can also increase fertility for the women suffering from PCOS Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
- Reduce Food cravings –MACA contains lots of proteins and fiber part. Because of this quality, it is very good in dieting and reducing the fat contents from the body. With high fiber, it makes tummy full thus avoiding cravings for food.
- Increases Libido –MACA is also called as natural Viagra. It increases the sexual appetite in women.
- Liver and Enzyme Support –MACA also contains sulfur, thus once it is digested it helps to boost a special kind of chemicals, which protect against cancer. It also helps the liver in functioning better and helps to detoxify the body.
- Bones – MACA contains a large amount of calcium and phosphorus, thus it strengthens bones and helps against osteoporosis.